The Hush Post: Want to apply for an Aadhaar card for your children? Here are some of the things you need to know.
- If your child is less than five years of age, you should go to an Aadhaar centre for the same.
- You must carry your own Aadhaar card and take the child with you because the Aadhar will be linked.
- The biometrics are not for the children before five years of age. The biometric details include fingerprints and the iris scan.
- If the child is over five, the biometrics have to be updated.
- Your Aadhaar Card, and that of the child’s birth certificate helps in enrollment of your child’s Aadhaar. The documents such as date of birth including passport, PAN card, Central/State Pension Payment Order among other documents are important.