Smartphone kills 14-year-old school girl as it explodes under her pillow

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek

The Hush Post| 8:59 am|one-minute-read| A schoolgirl died after her charging smartphone exploded under her pillow while she was asleep.

14-year-old Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek went to bed listening to music at her home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan. The next morning she was found dead with the phone’s battery having exploded close to her head.

Her device was plugged into a power socket, police said. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died immediately. Alua Abzalbek

When devastated relatives called paramedics they confirmed her death.

Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile exploded in the early morning after overheating as it charged, according to local reports.

Her death was described as a ‘tragic accident’.

The brand of smartphone was not disclosed.

Alua’s distraught best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, posted: ‘I still cannot believe it.’

She wrote: ‘You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.’


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here