The Hush Post: Using an “extended pleasure” condom proved costly for a kinky Lucknow man. The man’s quest to spice up his sex life has backfired horribly. The patient got gangrene of the penis and is suffering from allergic contact dermatitis.
The condom which he used to ‘extended pleasure’ turned painful when he suffered an all allergic reaction, a report said.
SunOnline reported the case of a patient from King George’s Medical University in Lucknow. He went for treatment as his penis started swelling up, became painful and turned black.
A medical team led by Dr Ashish Sharma, which treated the man, said the man had no known drug allergies.
The team conducted a series of tests, in the process ruling out sexually transmitted infections, the report said.
The patient from Lucknow got gangrene of the penis and is suffering from allergic contact dermatitis after using “extended pleasure” condom
The medical report said the patient was suffering allergic contact dermatitis. He was also suffering from gangrene of the penis – meaning parts were beginning to rot away.
That new brand of condoms contained a topical medication, benzocaine. The extended-pleasure latex condoms have benzocaine to prolong sexual intercourse’s duration and to decrease premature ejaculation.
It turns out that since 1996, when the first case of a man suffering allergic contact dermatitis after using latex condoms was documented, doctors have seen just four cases being reported.
While rare, there are certain things that can make it more likely that a man will suffer penile gangrene.
They include diabetes, having experienced trauma to the penis, using a c*ck ring sex toy, as well as penis ops.
Doctors gave the man antibiotics to try and reduce the swelling.
And surgeons operated on his penis to remove the rotting tissue – and perform a skin graft.
Treatment was carried out over the course of three weeks, and six months later he was “doing fine”, reporting “no sexual or urinary complaints”, doctors said in the BMJ.