The Hush Post | 15:55 | 4-minute read
The Maoists attack at Aranpur village in Dantewada, which took place yesterday saw death of one media personnel Achyutanand Sahu and two cops. Doordarshan News had deployed a camera team for election coverage in Chhattisgarh. The villagers of Aranpur, it is believed for the first time will participate in the electoral process. The Doordarshan team included cameraman Achyutananda Sahu, reporter Dhiraj Kumar and light assistant Mormukt Sharma.
Following is the account of Mor Mukut Sharma, the assistant cameraman of Doordarshan. He was caught in the midst of cross-fire between Maoists and para-military forces. He is hiding in a ditch around a huge tree when he recorded this selfie message, probably for his mother.
Following is the transcript of what he said:
- Terrorists have attacked us.
- We are in Dantewara.
- We had come for election coverage.
- And we were going on a road.
- Army is with us.
- Suddenly Maoists gheraoed us (he said Naxalites)
- Mummy, if I am able to survive it will be a big thing
- But I want to tell you Mummy, I love you very much
- It is quite possible that I may die in this attack
- Situation is bad
- I don’t know why even after seeing death in front of me I am not afraid
- It is very difficult to survive here
- 6-7 jawans are with me.
The attack comes ahead of the Assembly Elections in Chhattisgarh, which will be held in two phases – the first on November 12 and the second on November 20. Naxal groups in the state have asked people to boycott the polls.