Minor boy playing game on mobile dies as the phone explodes

The 12-year-old boy was playing game on mobile phone which was being charged at the time the blast took place

The Hush Post: In an alarming case, a 12 year-year-old boy from Koriya district in the hilly state Chhattisgarh died on Tuesday as his mobile phone exploded while he was playing game on it. The deceased has been identified as Ravi Sonwan. One of Sonwan’s friends was injured in this incident.

The incident occurred on Monday when the victim boy Ravi Sonwan, was playing video game on his phone which was being charged at the same time.

Ravi Sonwan’s intestines spilled out due to the blast. His family tied a cloth around the boy to keep the intestines in, The Times of India reported on Wednesday.

Both children were rushed to a local community centre and then referred to the Ambikapur Hospital. Ravi Sonwan’s worsening condition prompted the doctors to refer the critically injured boy to a district hospital, the report said.

There were several ambulances parked in the hospital premises. But due to a strike by the drivers over issues of a salary hike, finding an ambulance to shift the boy proved very difficult for the family. The boy’s parents were left with  no option but to hire a taxi to take Ravi Sonwan to the district hospital, the Times of India reported.

Doctors performed several surgeries on Ravi Sonwan but later he was declared dead by the doctors on Tuesday night.

Similarly, last month an explosion in a Nokia mobile phone cost a 19-year-old girl in Kheriakani district in Odisha her life.

The teenager Uma Oram was talking to her relative with her Nokia 5233 plugged in for charging. The instrument then exploded in her hands causing severe burns on her face, chest and legs. The girl was rushed to the hospital where she succumbed to her injuries.

Speaking to the local channels, the victim’s brother Durga Prasad Oram said that the phone’s battery was draining out while Uma was talking so she plugged it for charging while talking on it at the same time. Apparently a few seconds later the phone exploded and the girl fell unconscious.

“The cell phone was on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She died at the hospital,” said Durga Prasad.

Leave a Reply