Wrapped by snake for two hours, 6-yr-old girl survives horror

A six-year-old girl in Maharashtra’s Wardha district has survived after being bitten by reportedly a cobra that remained wrapped around her neck for close to two hours. Four days since the incident, the child was today said to be out of danger after being treated medically.

Videos of the goosebump inducing incident are widely being shared on social media and messaging platforms.

The dimly-lit video shows the snake wrapped around Purva Gadkari’s neck — its hood fully spread behind her back — as she lay frightened on her side on a bed spread on the floor in her home. To avoid provoking the reptile, she was asked by her family to stay motionless till a snake-catcher could be summoned.

Little Ms Gadkari managed to stay in that position for around two hours. Towards the end, when it looked like the snake was preparing to slither away, she happened to stir a little.

READ MORE Never eat fallen fruits without washing, fruit bats could be spreading virus

The cobra then bit her arm. Ms Gadkari was immediately hospitalised and is now said to be out of danger. The courage and patience of the little child is unmatched in such a situation where a grown-up could also have faltered.

Steps to be taken if bitten by a snake 

  • Keep the area of the bite below the heart in order to slow the spread of venom through the bloodstream.
  • Remain still and calm. If you can, roll over to your side and rest in the recovery position.
  • Recovery Position
    Recovery Position

    Moving around a lot will cause the venom to spread faster through the body.

  • Don’t apply ice on the snake bite as the ice may block blood circulation.
  • Don’t suck the blood out with your mouth (germs in the mouth may cause infection in the bite wound) and you may be also exposing yourself to the venom.
  • Don’t attempt to cut the wound.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here