The Hush Post | 16:00 pm | two-minute-read
Four people were killed in a fire mishap at a factory in central Delhi on Monday. The incident led to deaths after one of the fire victims, a rotund man, got stuck at the exit way while escaping the building and blocked the route for others as well, firefighters said.
The deceased have been identified as 55-year-old Bagan Prashad, RM Naresh, 40, Aarti, 20, Asha 40.
A 25-year-old named named Ajit was injured and has been admitted to a hospital.
Delhi Fire Service (DFS) officials said the fire started at about 12.30 pm in Beadonpura area in Karol Bagh. The incident took place after a solvent used for laundering clothes spilled out on the floor accidentally. The DFS received a call that a fire has broken out at a house. However, when the firefighters reached the spot, they found the victims were involved in laundering clothes.
He said the victims were about to steam iron clothes and were putting solvent in a container when it spilled on the floor and came in contact with the steam iron setting the place ablaze.
A heavy-built man, who was at the door, tried to get out of the exit but got stuck. This blocked the way for others as well who were inside, the officer added.