The Hush Post| 11:10 am| 2-min-read
The people’s verdict on who will lead the world’s largest democracy for the next five years will soon be out. Leads clearly indicate a clear win for BJP-lead NDA with Narendra Modi as Prime Minister. Elections were held on 542 of the 543 Lok Sabha seats and a party or alliance needs 272 seats to form government.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will reach the party HQ at Delhi at 5 pm. Meanwhile,Priyanka Gandhi has reached Rahul Gandhi’s house to meet him.
Here are some highlights:
- Congress is going strong only in 50 seats on its own.
- Clean sweep for BJP in Himachal, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka and even Uttar Pradesh.
- Not even single seat for Congress in Bihar, Maharashtra, Lalu’s RJD only ahead in one seat.
- Akhilesh’s Samajwadi Party performing poorly with only Akhilesh and Mulayam leading, dimple yadav traiing.
- In Punjab, Congress ahead in 9 out of 13.
- J&k, BJP leads in 3 out of 6
- Delhi 7 out of 7 for BJP
- In Kerala, 19/20 go to congress where the left has been completely wiped out.
- In Assembly polls in Odisha , Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Sikkim, BJP loses.
- In Bihar, BJP ‘s trend 38/40, in Uttar Pradesh 55/80
- Major trails: Jyotiraditya Scindia trailing continuously, Rahul Gandhi trailing in Amethi, Sambit Patra from Puri in Odisha, Digvijaya Singh in Bhopal, Bhupinder Hooda and his son Deepinder Hooda, Sheilja Kumari trailing, Kanhaiya Kumar in Begusarai, Hema Malini from Mathura