The Hush Post | 9:42 pm | Two-minute read
Actor Kader Khan is no more. Everybody from the President to the Prime Minister and members of the film fraternity have condoled his death.
Here a 10 lesser known facts about the legendary actor:
- Kader Khan was born on October 22, 1935 in Kabul, Afghanistan to Abdul Rehman and Iqbal Begum. He spent his childhood in poverty and did his schooling from a municipal school.
- In an interview, Kader Khan revealed that his mother sent him to a Madrasa for education but he used to hide in a nearby graveyard from the Masjid. Here he used to sit down and shout aloud. Somebody told about it to film Roti fame actor Ashraf Khan who was looking for such a boy for his play. After this Kader Khan stared acting in plays.
- Kader Khan was a qualified engineer. Before entering the film industry he used to teach at M. H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering, Mumbai as a professor of Civil Engineering.
- Kader Khan did his Masters degree in Arabic Language from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He had plans of opening Arabic language institutions in Canada, India, Pakistan, UK & the US.
- During his teaching days, he took part in a play. Actor Dilip Kumar was also present at the event. Impressed by his acting talent, Dilip Kumar signed him for his next film.
- From his marriage with Azra Khan, Kader Khan had three sons- Sarfaraz, Kuddus and Shahnawaz Khan.
- Kader Khan acted in around 300 movies during his career. He wrote dialogues for over 250 films. Kader Khan wrote dialogues for 22 films featuring Amitabh Bachchan. These included Amar, Akbar Anthony; Sharabi; Lawaris and Agnipath.
- Kader Khan was last seen in movie Masti Nahi Sasti (2017). Despite such a long acting career, Kader Khan was never conferred upon a Padma award.
- Kader Khan was at a point of time reportedly writing a sequel to the famous Aamir Khan – Salman Khan comedy film Andaaz Apna Apna.
- Kader Khan was also recognized by the AFMI (American Federation of Muslims from India) for his achievement and service to the Muslim community in India.