Show-runners put on hold Kapil Sharma’s new show “Family Time With Kapil”

143
After a gap of 2 months, Kapil Sharma comes on Twitter; says he will return with a brand new offering
Kapil Sharma.

As the comedian kept cancelling shoots for new show, the show-runners were left with no choice but to take drastic measures

The Hush Post: In another bad news concerning stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma, the runners of his new show “Family Time With Kapil” have reportedly decided to take drastic measures against him. It is another sad news for the fans of the comedian as Kapil’s new show had hit the small screen after a long gap.

The Indian Express reported on Wednesday that it seemed history was repeating itself again with the stand-up comedian, Kapil Sharma cancelling shoots for his new show, and it left show-runners with no choice but to take drastic measures.

The Express report quoted a “highly placed source” close to the new show requesting anonymity, “See the first episode of Kapil’s latest show was nothing like its predecessor. It was a hotchpotch of too many things put in together for this 90s style game show. It only did well on TRP charts as Kapil has a very ardent fan following and was going to be back on television after a hiatus of seven months. So naturally, his fans did watch their favourite comedian’s new show but it lacked the punch that they expected. However, owing too few personal issues, he had to cancel Rani Mukerji’s shoot and this left us in a lurch.”

That “highly placed source” told The Indian Express, when asked about the show’s fate, “We did not have a bank of episodes to air as the show had just begun. Also, his health issues or personal issues has been deviating his attention and focus from work. In such a scenario, it is better that we keep the show on hold for now. At least the whole of April, we aren’t shooting. We will figure out the rest once he feels better. Right now, we want to him get better first. So that once he is back, he is completely devoted to work like he has always been.”

The daily tried prodding whether it was Kapil’s call or if the channel took a decision but “highly placed source” refused to provide more information in this regard.

Notably, the stand-up comedian had an ugly brawl with his show’s artistes on their flight back to Mumbai from Australia last year which led to Sunil Grover and Ali Asgar leaving The Kapil Sharma Show (TKSS). Kapil Sharma suffered not only emotionally but also in TRPs and started missing shoots leading him to finally shut the TKSS.

Leave a Reply