The Hush Post|12:00 am|1-min-read
On Monday morning, a fire broke out in the National Institute of Sports (NIS), Patiala. The incident took place at around 5 am because of short circuit. According to the reports, the sauna and steam bath centre, a recovery facility for players was surrounded in thick smog following the fire. Here is the video;
A fire tender was rushed to the spot and no casualty has been reported as no-one was inside the centre at the time. Most part of the centre has been damaged badly.
Varinder Verma, security personnel, said he was informed of the incident around 5.15 and rushed to the spot. He said, “Prima facie the fire broke out because of short-circuit. Authorities have been sounded.”
Manjit Singh, an NIS security guard, said, “I was switching off the streetlights at around 5 am when I saw smoke coming out of the front side of the centre. When I went to the back side, a major fire was on. I called the fire station and informed the security in-charge.”