Man flees with Rs 10 lakh Harley-Davidson motorcycle on pretext of test ride

Man flees with Rs 10 lakh Harley-Davidson motorcycle on pretext of test ride
Representational Image

The Hush Post: It was like a scene from some Bollywood movie. A man fled away taking a costly Harley-Davidson bike on the pretext of a test ride.

An FIR in this regard was lodged on Monday by the Gurugram Police in connection with the incident that occurred on Saturday from Sector 34 in Gurugram. A man reportedly went away with a Harley-Davidson bike costing about Rs 10 lakh on the pretext of taking a test-ride.

The accused had contacted the seller via an online platform for buying and selling used products and requested for a test-ride after paying a token amount of only Rs 7,000, a report said.

A Palam Vihar resident, Ajay Singh, had posted an advertisement on an online web portal to sell his Harley-Davidson motorcycle on June 13. The next day, he got a message through the app from a man who identified himself as a 30-year-old Rahul Nagar and showed his interest to buy the bike, the report said.

After this, the accused visited Ajay Singh in Gurugram for physical inspection of the bike before going ahead with the deal. “He met me at Cyber Hub around 11.30am, inspected the bike and said he will revert soon,” Ajay Singh was quoted as saying. He added that during the interaction, Rahul Nagar introduced himself as a marble businessman from Agra. “He spoke in fluent English. He had extensive knowledge of motorcycles and seemed like a genuine buyer,” Ajay Singh was quoted as saying.

After a couple of hours, Ajay Singh received a WhatsApp message from Nagar, asking Singh to come to Capital Harley-Davidson showroom at Sector 34 saying that he wanted to check the history of the bike at the showroom, the report said.

“After he inquired with the staff about the bike’s history, we closed the deal at Rs 7 lakh, he gave me the token amount, and asked for a test-ride,” Ajay Singh was further quoted. When Nagar didn’t return after a considerable time, Ajay Singh called on his mobile number several times. But Nagar did not take the calls and then switched off his mobile, it was reported.

After taking the CCTV footage from the showroom, Ajay Singh went to the police and subsequently an FIR was registered against the accused. “Visuals of the accused were captured on CCTV cameras inside and outside the showroom. We are scanning the footage to identify him,” Sadar police station SHO Sudeep Kumar was quoted as saying.

Leave a Reply