Fire at Ner Chowk godown in Mandi | New TVs, fridges for Diwali sale reduced to ash

The Hush Post/ 03:44 pm/ 1-min-read

A godown containing new TV, fridges and other electric appliances caught fire at Ner Chowk in Mandi district on Saturday. The incident occurred at around 12 noon. The showroom owner had brought in new TV sets, fridges, etc for the Diwali season on Saturday morning only.

The showroom owner belongs to Parwanoo.

When the fire started the showroom was locked. Sound of explosion started emanating from the showroom, after which the locals gathered at the site and informed the administration. Fribrigades from Mandi and Sundernagar were rushed to the burning godown.

No loss of life has been reported.However, material worth crores of rupees was reduced to ash within a few minutes.

There is a private parking space behind the showroom, but no damage has been reported to the parked cars.

 

Leave a Reply