Jammu Kashmir govt ask Amarnath pilgrims to return after army reveals possibility of terror attack

The Hush Post| 17:30 pm|1-min-read

The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday asked Amarnath Yatris and tourists in Kashmir to immediately cut short their stay and leave the valley. This order has been issued by the state Home Department after the intelligence inputs confirmed the possibility of a terror attack.

The state government said, “Keeping in view the latest intelligence inputs of terror threats, with specific targeting of the Amarnath Yatra, and given the prevailing security situation in the Kashmir Valley, in the interest of the safety and security of the tourists and Amarnath Yatris, it is advised that they may curtail their stay in the Valley immediately and take necessary measures to return as soon as possible” .

However, the Army said it had information that Pakistan was planning to disrupt the annual pilgrimage.

Lt Gen KJS Dhillon, Chinar Corps Commander Lieutenant said the neighbouring country was trying to disrupt peace in the Valley. But their attempts would not be tolerated. He further added that an M-24 American sniper rifle with a telescope was also recovered from the Amarnath Yatra route along with Pakistan Army landmine.

“The type of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) we are examining. The IED expert terrorists we are capturing and eliminating point to the fact that Pakistan is trying to disrupt peace in Kashmir. We assure ‘awaam’ of Kashmir that no one will be allowed to disrupt peace,” he said.

Last week, the government had pushed 10,000 personnel of central forces into the state. However, on Thursday, there were reports of additional placement of forces.

Meanwhile, former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah tweeted;

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply