BIG BREAKING: Kidnapped in 2014 by ISIS in Iraq, 39 Indians are dead

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj confirms the sad news in in Rajya Sabha

The Hush Post: It will come as the most severe shock of their life for the families of 39 Indians kidnapped in Iraq’s Mosul town in 2014. As their families were still hoping against the hope that their loved ones may return one day, the Centre government has confirmed that all of these kidnapped Indians are dead.

This shocking confirmation was made by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday.

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.

These 39 Indians had been held hostage by the Islamic State of Syria and Iraq (ISIS) in 2014 in Iraqi town Mosul. The External Affairs Minister said all these 39 Indians are presumed dead now. Swaraj stated that the DNA tests done on the bodies exhumed have confirmed the identity of the deceased. The minister said that for the 39th body there was a 70 per cent matching of the DNA

It is the biggest shock for the families of the those kidnapped Indians as now their hopes have been shattered. Earlier the government had been maintaining that the kidnapped Indians were alive.

The External Affairs Minister had herlsef met the  families of the kidnapped Indians several times and assured them that the government was continuously making keen efforts to safely bring back the kidnapped Indians. She had said that government would go all out to ensure safety and safe turn of the kidnapped Indians.

Leave a Reply