The Hush Post| 8:46 am|one-minute-read|
The Chinese doctor who first warned his government about the coronavirus outbreak but was told to shut up has died of the virus.
43-year-old Li Wenliang, who had first shared suspicion of a Sars-like illness spreading in Wuhan, died on Thursday. He was infected by the coronavirus, the state-run Global Times reported.
34-year-old Wenliang, an eye-specialist at the Wuhan Central Hospital. He was the first person to inform his friends about a viral infection that was spreading through the district. He had detected the disease as early as December 30.
Dr Wenliang was the first to report about the virus way back in December last year. That’s when it first emerged in Wuhan, the provincial capital of China’s central Hubei province.
He had told other doctors through a chat on the Chinese messaging app WeChat that seven patients admitted in his hospital were exhibiting Sars-like symptoms.
The eye-specialist said all seven patients had eaten animal meat from the same seafood market in Hubei after they were asked about what they had eaten in the past for night. The seafood they informed about was the starkest common thing that stood out.