McDonald’s serves cleaning agent in place of latte coffee to a pregnant women

0
15

The milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while the guest’s drink was being made

The Hush Post: What we thought could happen only in a country like ours, where caution is most of the time thrown to the wind, a careless incident has happened at Lethbridge in Canada. Sarah Douglas, a pregnant woman and a mother of two from Southern Alberta, was served cleaning agent instead of her ordered latte at a McDonald’s drive-through.

On filing a complaint, she learnt from staff members that two cleaning lines were linked to the coffee machine,  Canadian newspaper, The Star reported.

At the first sip, Douglas realised that something was wrong with the drink. She immediately stopped to spit the toxic drink. The mother said she then took off the lid and was hit by the “pungent smell of chemical.” She turned around and drove back to the McDonald’s where she had received the latte to speak to a supervisor.

MC Donald's outlet served cleaning agent instead of latte coffee
Sarah Douglas who was served cleaning agent instead of latte coffee at Lethbridge in Canada.

“I showed him the coffee and he had asked if I wanted a new one, and I said, ‘Absolutely not, this is unacceptable.’ I said I need to speak to someone higher up and he said he was the only supervisor on at the time, and he gave me his manager’s phone number,” she recalled, talking to Fox News.

A worker then told Douglas cleaning lines were attached to the coffee machine, and went to fetch the bottle of cleaning solution that was hooked up to the machine at the time. “What happened is that the machine was being cleaned as it is every morning. Unfortunately, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made,” explained Dan Brown, owner of the Mc Donald’s franchise.

The restaurant staff took immediate action to review and correct its cleaning procedures and added new signage as a reminder to avoid similar future possibilities, the news report said.

Douglas was on her way to a baseball tournament with her son when she decided to stop at the facility for a coffee. She was taken to poison control after she contacted Alberta Health Services. An apology was issued by the spokesperson for McDonald’s.

Leave a Reply