Mobile phone explodes in man’s pocket at Mumbai restaurant (Watch Video)

Mobile phone explodes in man’s pocket at Mumbai restaurant
Mobile phone explodes in man’s pocket at Mumbai restaurant

CCTV footage shows the man jumping off his seat, throwing away the mobile phone from his shirt’s front pocket

The Hush Post: Here’s a warning for you if you have the habit of keeping your mobile phone in the front pocket of your shirt. In an alarming incident, a mobile phone exploded in the front pocket of a man’s shirt in a Mumbai restaurant causing panic among those present there.

The incident occurred in Bhandup area of Mumbai where a mobile phone exploded in the front pocket of man’s shirt as he was eating meals in the restaurant. The CCTV footage that captured the June 4 incident, shows the man jumping off his seat, throwing away the mobile phone from his shirt’s front pocket, a report said.

The CCTV footage shows smoke spreads in the restaurant after the man throws away the phone from his pocket as fumes come out from his phone. The panic-stricken other people in the restaurant can be seen running out from the restaurant, the report said.

The man suffered minor injuries due to the explosion in his mobile phone and was then taken to a hospital.

In a similar incident that occurred in March this year, a teenager had died in Odisha’s  Kheriakani district when a mobile phone had exploded which he was using. The teenager was on call while the phone was plugged in for charging and reportedly exploded. The 18-year-old victim had suffered injuries to her hand, chest, and leg, and was taken to a local hospital where she succumbed to these injuries, the report said.

 

Also read:-

Youth listening to songs on earphones killed as his phone connected to charger explodes

Leave a Reply