The Hush Post: Prime Minister Narendra Modi rode high on his tech savvy antics and PR tactics in the General elections 2014 and post-2014 responsibility as the Prime minister. There was regular interaction with the public through his social media cell and his personal ‘mann ki baat’. Modi mania seems to be waning if we go by the twitterati trends, which he would not like to brush under the carpet.The twitterati has slammed the budget as #antimiddleclassbudget. Here’s a look at few of the posts:
- Middle Class Don’t Worry, Modi has got Pakodas & Bamboo for you
- Salaries of MP’s will be doubled from rs 50,000 to 1,00,000 Constituency allowance increased to rs 70,000 MP’s will get a salary of rs 2.30 lakh per month but bhakts “seh lenge thoda modiji kuch accha hee soccha hoga”
- This budget is a deliciously feast for corporates in India. The same time it is a well decorated empty box presented for all the citizens other than corporates.
- Media & BJP had created huge Uproar when Delhi Govt proposed to Hike MLAs Salary but in Absolute Mute Mode on *MPs Salary Doubled by Modi Govt. **P.S. – Delhi MLAs salary hasn’t been hiked, file lying with LG for Ages. All is not bad in this budget.
- The fact that this might very well be the last budget by the BJP & it’s pseudo-economists is a BIG BIG win!
- Middle class getting burdened by 1. Demonetization 2. High GST taxes 3. High petrol prices 4. High LPG and food prices 5. 10% Capital Gain Tax. Are these #AccheDin or Kacche Din? makes it painfully clear that BJP swings from caring for super rich to caring for poor. And middle class doesn’t figure in the BJP’s scheme of things.