The Hush Post: In a tragic incident, a Ludhiana woman suffered 80 per cent burns. She caught fire while cooking in her house on Sunday afternoon.
Twenty eight year old Mamta is a resident of Ganesh Nagar, Janak Puri. The woman’s one-and-a-half-year old daughter Payal also suffered injuries.
The two were rushed to the local Civil Hospital where doctors referred Mamta to Rajindra Hospital Patiala.
Does Ludhiana not have burns unit in any hospital one can trust?
Mamta was referred by doctors in Ludhiana to Rajindra Hospital, Patiala and it seems the city does not have a burns unit for emergency or life situation issues arises out of burn injuries.
As per information, Mamta was cooking in her house when the LPG cylinder leaked and ignited the stove which led to her clothes catching fire. The toddler suffered burns on her hands. On hearing Mamta’s screams, the neighbours rushed to her rescue and called for an ambulance. The Civiul Hospital discharged the toddler after first aid, but Mamta was referred to the Rajindra Hospital in a critical condition with 80 per cent burns.