A function wan organised by Municipal Corporation Ludhiana headed by Capt Amarinder Singh and Cabinet Minister for Local government deptt. Navjot Singh Sidhu. The motive of the event was to discuss and lay out overall development of the state and moving forward in this direction. Further, development projects worth thousand of crores would be started in Ludhiana city, claimed the Punjab government.
On this occasion, development projects worth around Rs 570 crore were introduced, whereas further more projects worth more than Rs 4,000 crore would be started in next three years time.
While speaking on the occasion, Navjot Singh Sidhu said that Ludhiana is not only the backbone of state’s economy but of the country’s economy as well. He also announced that the development projects of Municipal Corporation as well as the Ludhiana Improvement Trust would be carried out in a systematic manner.
The details of these projects are as under:
- Construction of modern slaughter house in Haibowal with a cost of Rs 19.50 crore.
- Rs 31 crore to be spent for strengthening and developing basic infrastructure of Ludhiana city.
- Under Smart City Mission, Rs 3.10 crore to be spent on construction of Smart Toilets.
- Construction of sports stadium in Daba area with cost of Rs 2.50 crore.
- Development projects worth Rs 50 crore have already been completed by the MC and more projects worth Rs 98 crore are in progress.
- Tenders worth Rs 84 crore for various development projects have already been floated and work would be allotted by February 28, 2019.
- Tender worth Rs 27 crore for different Outdoor Media Devices have already been allotted by the MC through e-auction.
- E-parking facility has been introduced and when a vehicle is parked, the concerned contractor would receive payment whenever a vehicle is parked at a specific place through e-ticketing. The problem of overcharging would be resolved.
- Under AMRUT scheme, 230 km water supply line and 25 new tubewells would be installed with cost of Rs 40 crore.
- Under AMRUT scheme, DPR regarding construction of 16 overhead water reservoirs in city with cost of Rs 14 crore have already been approved and the tenders would be floated soon.
- Under AMRUT scheme, rehabilitation work of three STPs (in Jamalpur, Bhattian and Balloke) worth Rs 19 crore, 2 ETP plants in Dairy Complex on Tajpur Road of 5MLD, at Haibowal of 10 MLD capacity worth Rs 38 crore, new STP in Jamalpur of 50 MLD worth Rs 55.23 crore and at Balloke new STP of 50 MLD worth Rs 50.73 crore. Tenders of these works would be floated soon.
- Under AMRUT scheme, DPR regarding construction of 5 new parks worth Rs 2.47 crore have been approved.
DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS UNDER SMART CITY PROJECT:
- LED lights to be installed with cost of Rs 57.78 crore.
- Rooftop solar panels on different government offices worth Rs 2.64 crore.
- Way finding signage project worth Rs 6.13 crore.
- Under Integrated Command Control Centre, construction of building worth Rs 35 lakh, construction of Integrated Command Control Centre worth Rs 60 crore.
- Retrofit of Sarabha Nagar and Malhar Road worth Rs 38.63 crore.
- Smart Class Room Project worth Rs 6.28 crore.
- Pre Fabricated Stainless Toilets project worth Rs 3.10 crore.
- Upgradation of existing sewer system worth Rs 39.30 crore.
- Upgradation of storm sewer drainage system worth Rs 22.59 crore.
- Construction of ROB on Pakhowal Road.
- Carcass Utilisation Plant project worth Rs 7.99 crore.
- Development of Ghumar Mandi area worth Rs 23.25 crore, construction of underground parking worth Rs 31.67 crore.
- Project to recycle natural waste worth Rs 2.78 crore.
- Beautification of Sidhwan Canal project worth Rs 3.77 crore.
While condemning the terrorist attack in Pulwama area of Jammu & Kashmir, a two-minute silence was given to pay homage to the martyrs of terrorist attack. Many prominent personalities were present for the event to discuss about the development projects of the city and appreciated the same.