Someone is continuously spying on you and has all your personal details
The Hush Post: Well, for all you folks, not just Facebook, Google is the real privacy daddy. But it doesn’t breach at all. As the allegations and counter-allegations over alleged data breach of millions of Facebook users’ profiles, do you know that in today’s era of constant internet connectivity privacy is a myth. There’s someone who is constantly and continuously spying on you and has all your personal details.
A report carried by India Today online on Wednesday stated as in the present age the lives of people have become more connected online and people are more connected to the virtual world than to the real world.
The report said that whether it was personal or professional meetings, a simple date at a nearby coffee shop, a new online shopping, booking railway or air tickets, all is is done using internet nowadays. “Privacy is a myth today. There’s someone constantly spying on our lives and has all our personal details,” the India Today report said.
The report stated the recent scandal of alleged data leak by Cambridge Analytica from millions of Facebook users’ profiles highlights how much our data is stored with Facebook without our knowledge. It shows the importance of privacy and how our data is being misused by the tech companies.
In view of this a Twitter user Dylan Curran has shared how much Google knows about us. In his 30-long threads, Curran has detailed how much data Google stores without our knowledge and how to find it, the report said.
- Google stores all your location: Google tapes your location if we have switched on your location. This happens every time we switch on our phone. It creates a timeline of all our locations since the first day we started our phone.
- Google stores all your searches: Dylan claims that Google stores all our search history across all devices that we’ve used so far. This data is stored in a separate database by Google so clearing search history or phone history is of no help. We need to go through each device and delete everything to get rid of it.
- Google uses personal data to create ad profiles: Google uses our information like age, gender, hobbies, income etc to create an ad profile.
- Google stores every app or extension we use: Google stores all apps including third-party apps like Facebook or Twitter and extensions that we use in its database. It stores all the information related to these apps such as how often we use it, when do we use it and in which country do we use it.
- Google stores all our YouTube search history: Google stores and analyses all your YouTube videos so they know our political preferences, religious beliefs, our personality type, and much more.
- Google takeout document: Like Facebook, Google also offers an option to download all the data that it stores of us. This takeout document contains all our emails, bookmarks, contacts, Google drive files, products you’ve brought from Google, all the images you have downloaded.
Google calendar document contains information about all our events that we added and also the time of the event. The Google Drive documents contain all our files, even the deleted ones.