The Hush Post: Polling began to the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation in the morning, but the soft drizzle was a dampner as a result of which voters did not come out in expected numbers to vote. By 10:00 am, the rain stopped and voters started coming out in bigger numbers. AAP president Dalijit Singh Grewal was the first among the leaders to vote.
- Total voting by 10 am 26 per cent in Ludhiana.
- In Ward No 11, 26 per cent voting took place till 10:00 am.
- In Ward No 5, 10 per cent voting took place till 10:00 am.
- In booth no 1 of Ward No 11 the media coverage was blocked by the booth in charge.
- By 10 in the morning, 26 per cent voters had polled their votes.
- In Ward No 85, there were allegations of bogus voting.
There are a total of 1,153 polling booths in 458 polling stations in Ludhiana and a total of 4.82 female voters and 5.67 male votes. The total number of voters in the city are 10.50 lakh. Apart from this, the administration is also holding elections to the by-polls of two Wards in Payal and Jagraon Municipal Councils. For security arrangements more than 4500 cops have been deployed. Around 5400 employees of civil administration have been engaged in the election process.