The Hush Post: A major fire broke out in a garments factory Ludhiana in the wee hours of Friday. The fire broke out at JM Hosiery on Bahadur Ke Road at about 1:30 pm. About 25 factory workers were working at the time the fire broke out and they immediately rushed out.
The fire brigade was immediately called. More than a dozen fire tenders are working round the clock. However, the fire is still raging in the factory premises.
“We received information around 1:40 am, after which seven tenders were rushed to the spot. The tenders have been refilled two to three times already, but we have not been able to douse the flame yet,” Srishtinath Sharma, an official from the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation fire brigade, was quoted by the ANI official. The cause of the blaze is short circuit.