The Hush Post: Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal is presenting budget in the Punjab Vidhan Sabha.
Following is the Punjab budget in a nutshell.
- The total budget of Punjab is up from Rs 55,296 crore to Rs 71, 182 crore.
- Total debt on Punjab is Rs 1,95,975 crore
- By the year end, it will reach Rs 2,11,523 crore
- The interest on debt that the Punjab govt has to pay has gone up from Rs 11,400 crore to Rs 15,175 crore.
- Rs 10 crore to be earmarked for a Sports University in Patiala.
- Under Khedo India (Play for India) scheme, Rs 50 lakh to be kept separately.
- A shooting range by spending Rs 6 crore will be set up in SAS Nagar and Muktsar.
- Increase in salary and pension expenditure to be 13 per cent. Right now it is 8,775 crore and it will go up to Rs. 9,469 crore.
- A cattle feed will be built at Kapurthala for Rs 13 crore.
- Doctor to be appointed as per National Health Mission guidelines.
- Increase in budget for Pisciculture from Rs 10 crore to Rs 16 crore.
- Kotakpura, Ludhiana, Patiala to upgrade goat breeding farm.
- A vanaspati refinery to be set up at a cost of Rs 42 crore at Khanna.
- Professional Tax imposed on those already paying income tax. This will be Rs 200 per month.
- Cooperative societies to be upgraded by spending Rs 45.crore.