The Hush Post: Thirteen persons, including 11 schoolchildren and two teachers, were injured when a Volvo bus carrying school children overturned in Rupnagar on the Chandigarh-Ropar Highway. The bus was carrying school children and were on their way from Delhi to Manali. The accident reportedly occurred in the wee hours of Saturday.
The injured belong to Mehsana, Ahmedabad, Surat in Gujarat and some from Rajasthan. The students were mostly from a hostel in Gujarat and were on their way to Manali on a school trip. The injured students have been admitted to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
The students were reportedly going to Manali for tracking. The accident reportedly occurred near Toll Plaza in Rupnagar on the Chandigarh-Ropar Highway. According available reports the accident occurred as the driver of the bus dozed off while driving. The bus first hit a signboard on the roadside and the vehicle fell in a 6 feet deep ditch.
The injured have been rushed to PGI Chandigarh.
Following are the details of injured:-
1. Majhua Patel (age 16 years), daughter of Dhabal Bhai (resident of Ahmedabad)
2. Sanya (16), d/o Aplesh Patel, (Ahmedabad)
3. Asha wife of Mukesh Patel, Mehsana, Gujarat
4. Divanshi (14), d/o Chetanbhai (Mehsana)
5. Ritu (13), d/o Navin Bhai (Mehsana)
6. Jansy (14), d/o Suresh,
7. Om (14), s/o Vipul, (Gujarat)
8. Jipsum (14) s/o Dilip
9. Dharavi (16) d/o Rajnikant (Ahemdabad)
10. Bablu (38) s/o Salman Khan (Jaisalmer, Rajasthan)
11. Shubham (24) s/o Satish Sharma (JNV Colony Rajasthan)
12. Krrishh (14) s/o Harish Kumar (Surat)
13. Vaishnavi Patel (14) d/o Kaplesh (Gujarat)