Singer Mika’s manager died of sleeping pill overdose, reveals police

mika singh's manager

The Hush Post |11:26 am|one-minute-read|

Singer Mika Singh’s manager Saumya Khan who had died on February 3 allegedly killed herself in Andheri in Mumbai after consuming sleeping pills. Now police has revealed the reason of her sudden death.

Mika Singh had taken to Instagram on 3 February to announce Khan’s death and extended his condolences to her family.

According to, Khan lived in the ground-plus one studio of the singer in Andheri’s Four Bungalows area. Her body was handed over to her kin for last rites in Punjab. Senior Inspector Raghvendra Thakur of Versova police station said.

“The incident happened on February 2. We have not found any foul play in the case and have registered an accidental death report,” he added.

“She was under depression and died due to drug overdose,” Inspector P Bhosle of the Versova police station told Mirror Online.

Bhosle, who investigated the case, said that on 3 February, Khan returned home from a party at around 7 am.

When she did not come out till late in the evening the next day, some workers on the ground floor of the studio went upstairs to inquire and found Khan lying motionless.

“She was rushed to a hospital where she was declared dead,” Bhosle told Mirror Online. On 13 February, her husband took to Instagram to inform people about the prayer meeting to be held at Kandivali on 16 February.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here