Beware: Malfunctioning AC can kill you; 3 family members die in Chennai city

Air-conditioner
Representational Image

Three family members died after inhaling gas which leaked from a malfunctioning air-conditioner

The Hush Post: A malfunctioning air-conditioner proved fatal for a family in the Koyambedu of Chennai. Three members of the family died after inhaling gas that leaked from a malfunctioning AC.

The killed include a 35-year-old man, his wife, and 8-year-old son. The family lived in Thiruvalluvar Nagar locality of Koyambedu. They inhaled the poisonous gas on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday, a report said.

The neighbours spotted the matter as the family did not open the door for a long time on Tuesday. After that, the area residents alerted the cops, who broke the door open and found the bodies of the trio.

Preliminary probe says the couple had turned on the inverter Monday night due to a power cut in the area. Later around midnight, the power supply was restored. The couple and their kid died after they inhaled gas which leaked from a malfunctioning air conditioner, the report said.

Leave a Reply