Teenager electrocuted with headphones on while he slept and phone continued to charge

The Hush Post| 11:15am| 1-min-read

In a tragic incident, a schoolboy was electrocuted while wearing his headphones on his plugged-in phone.
Mohammed Zaharin was found dead on the floor by his devastated mother at his home near the town of Rembau in Malaysia.
The teen had fallen asleep wearing earbuds of his mobile phone plugged in to charge. His mother found him on the floor the next day with blood pouring from his ear.
A hospital autopsy confirmed the cause of the teenager’s death as electrocution.
Pictures released by the authorities showed blood pouring out from the blackened ears of the the 16-year-old.
He was found cold on the floor by his mother, 51, who at first thought he was sleeping.
She tried to wake him up but soon called medics who declared him dead shortly after they arrived.
It was later confirmed he did not have any other injuries on his body other than bleeding and burns on his left ear. The victim’s brother also said that he felt a small electric shock when he touched the cable.

Leave a Reply