Four children electrocuted while bathing as live wire falls into the tube well pool

The Hush Post | 1: 30 pm | One-minute read

Four children were electrocuted while bathing in a tube well pool as a live wire fell into the pool. The incident happened in the Petiyan village of Sambhal district, Uttar Pradesh. A farmer who happened to pass by the tube well saw the bodies of the children hours after the incident took place.

He immediately informed his parents about the same, who reached the spot and also informed the police. The children were taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared them dead.

The children have been identified as Vishnu (11) and Shivam (7) who were siblings, and Dharamveer (11) and Ganesh (11). The bodies of the deceased have been sent for post-mortem.

“It appears to be negligence on the part of the Electricity Department. A live wire connected to a nearby transformer snapped and fell into the tube well pool. Sensing the anger of the villagers with the Electricity Department, we have deployed police force to maintain law and order in the area,” said police officer Ranveer Singh.

“Sub –Divisional Magistrate Deependra Yadav is leading an inquiry into the case. He will submit his report within three days. I have also instructed power department executive engineer D.S. Sharma to submit his report in this connection,” said the District Magistrate Avinash Krishan Singh.

 

Leave a Reply