Youth electrocuted while using earphones of smartphone plugged for charging

The Hush Post | 7:37 pm | One-minute read

In a shocking incident, a Thai youth was electrocuted while using earphones on his smartphone. The incident occurred while the smartphone was plugged for charging.

The 24-year-old Kritsada Supol was found dead in his apartment with earphones on and his smartphone connected to a power extension. Kristada Supol was a factory worker.

Media reports say Supol prima facie appeared to have died of a short circuit. It is reported that the youth was busy listening songs on his smartphone of might have been talking to someone when the incident happened.

The Samsung smarphone was plugged into a power point with a cheap charging cable. The police also found that the deceased had kept the microphone on his lips.

“We believe a short circuit caused his death while he was on the phone with someone or he was l istening to music”, Mail Online quoted police Captain Jaleuk Polthong as saying.

“Many people could be in danger if they use cheap charging adapters which are not manufactured from the authorised company,” Polthong added.

The police are yet to make an official statement in the matter. Supol’s body has been sent for postmortem.

“It looks like the victim was electrocuted but the body will be sent for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death,” said the police.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here